Tuesday 22 May 2012

07: The journey of the gift of ourselves to God

I received today a very kind message from a lady, thanking me for a text I have posted years ago on my website, and forgot about it to the point that rearranging my site, I totally missed that text and forgot to put a link to it. It is still stored, but doesn't appear as a link. She found it just by googling 'giving yourself totally to God'. What a luck!
The title of the text is: 'The journey of the gift or ourselves to God' It was a reply to a question that a young Egyptian Christian lady asked me: 'How can I give/surrender myself Completely to Him - I insist on 'completely' - to accept His will, with pleasure and peace of heart' (her own words)
In the email I received today the other lady (I guess from the USA) was saying that the text described her exact personal experience of God. Wow... so humbling. This shows that teaching spiritual life is not something done in vain, and that it is possible to describe for wide range of persons - in a useful way - the main aspects of the experience of God, and the various steps of growth.

I went to read that text (yes! don't laugh, its written ages ago). Truly one can say that it is a real summary of Christian spiritual life (audacious to say that, but when you read it you'l tell me).
I should really amend few errors, but from where I am now, I can't access my website. I'll do it later. So you'll have to bear with me.
You can find the text here: https://schoolofmary.org/the-journey-of-the-gift-of-ourselves-to-god/

And here is how it starts:


"You asked me a very deep question: "how can you realise completely the gift of yourself to God, and you add "I insist on "completely", to accept His will with pleasure & peace of Heart". Maybe you didn't expect how important is that question, and how it needs a long explanation! It is the basic question for us Christians, and we need to understand clearly a very basic element of our life, the heart of the Gospel. I divided my explanation in 7 parts. They are all linked together, and they are all equal in their importance and need to be understood carefully, in order to have see the whole picture!


1- Introduction

As a starting point I would like to recall the deep meaning of Marriage according to the western theological Tradition: "it is the mutual gift of a man and a woman!" He gives himself to her, and she gives herself to him. This is the very essence of marriage for the western Church! So, as you see, it is a mutual gift of themselves.
Let us now understand in a deep and truthful way what Jesus is for us! The Son of God, came from haven, became a man, and gave himself to each of us on the Cross! He gave Himself totally on the Cross, to you, to me, to every human being! This is very important! This is why he is called the Groom, the Spouse! Because he gave everything to you! He would like you to be his Bride, so He invites you… he calls you, deep deep in your heart! So, your reply to Him, your response to His amazing Love, is to give yourself to him, totally!"





I hope you like it...

No comments: